This is a recipe passed on from my dad. We had a scrambled egg competition - I used Gordon Ramsay’s recipe and my dad used… his. And he won. My dad vs. Gordon Ramsay, and my dad won. The judges were my family and a friend, so the competition wasn’t anything official. Whatever.
If you want to know which Gordon Ramsay recipe I used, click here.
If you want to know my dad’s winning recipe, read on.
(This recipe serves 1 person)
- 2 to 3 egg yolks, depends on your appetite
- Full cream
- Salt and pepper for taste
- A piece of bread
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 bigger pot
- 1 smaller pot
- Pour hot water into the big pot and put that on top of the stove
- Put the smaller pot on top of the bigger pot (as shown in the picture)
- Add the butter in the smaller pot and let it melt slowly
- While you wait for the butter to melt, pour about 3 tablespoons of full cream into the egg yolks, and add salt and pepper as needed, stir
- Once the butter melts, add the egg into the smaller pot and keep stirring until it is cooked
- Grill bread on a pan while you stir the eggs (MULTITASKING FTW!)
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE EGG IS COMPLETELY COOKED! You should take the egg out of the pot moments before you feel that the egg is complete, because it continues to cook even out of the pan (since the egg stays warm even out of the pot)
- Put the egg on top of the bread
- Serve and eat :)
Here is the picture again:
I guess my family just likes food with higher cholesterol. But I got to say, this one does taste better.